Life ought to be a struggle of desire toward adventures whose nobility will fertilize the soul.
So you think you’re a bookworm, huh?
Do you spend most of you’re time reading, or with you’re nose stuck in a book. Do you consider yourself to be the Hermione Granger of this world? Well, let’s see if you truly are…
Here I present to you the top 8 books every *TRUE BOOKWORM* should’ve memorized by heart!
The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins
- It is written in the voice of 16-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives in the future, post-apocalyptic nation of Panem in North America. The Capitol, a highly advanced metropolis, exercises political control over the rest of the nation.
The Mortal Instruments, by Cassandra Clare
- The story follows Clary Fray, who interacts with a group of nephilim known as Shadowhunters while also discovering her own half-angel heritage. The Shadowhunters protect the world of mundane people from dark forces that are beyond their world.
Harry Potter, by JK Rowling
- Does this even need to be described, really?
Twilight Series, by Stephanie Meyer
- Admit it, if you’re a real bookworm you would’ve read this book. Even if you didn’t like it, you were curious to see what the hype was all about. I for one actually enjoyed the series, it’s the movies that ruined it!
Hush, Hush, by Becca Fitzpatrick
- A SACRED OATH
A FALLEN ANGEL
A FORBIDDEN LOVE
Romance was not part of Nora Grey’s plan. She’s never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.
- A SACRED OATH
Divergent, by Veronica Roth
- In Beatrice Prior’s dystopian Chicago world, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue—Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is—she can’t have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.
Fallen Series, by Lauren Kate
- The novel revolves around a young girl named Lucinda Price who is sent to Sword & Cross Reform School in Savannah, Georgia, after she is accused of murdering a boy by starting a fire. At the reform school, she meets Daniel, a handsome boy whom she feels inexplicably drawn to, and believes that she has already met before.
Legend, by Marie Lu
- From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths—until the day June’s brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family’s survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias’s death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.
Well, there you have it. All 8 book series that you MUST read in order to be a REAL and TRUE Bookworm!
Tag your friends and check if they’re realllly the bookworms they say they are!
What did you think of this book list? How many have you read from this list? Or do you think I left something important out? Lets chat, don’t worry, I don’t bite. ^^
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: @bookishowlette
SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE POSTS
Our knowledge is a little island in a great ocean of non-knowledge.
The man who has no imagination has no wings.
Imagination is at the root of much that passes for love.
Our happiness depends on wisdom all the way.
If you steal from one author it’s plagiarism; if you steal from many it’s research.