- Box Theme: SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES
- Box Month: August 2017
- Category: Young Adult
- Subscription: Owlcrate
I am not angry. I am Furious.
By now you should probably know about the awful fiasco that is my luck with subscription boxes. If you don’t remember the drama that I’ve been living so far, please don’t hesitate to read and enjoy my misery Part A and Part B. If you by whatever chance ended up here, then let me Welcome you to Part C.
My August 2017 Subscription box.
Is. Still. Not. Here. Look at the date! Look at the date on this post, what does it say? That’s right… September 18. September. Not August. September. And guess what, if you’ve freshened up with Parts A and B then let me tell you, the box from part B is still not here yet. Still!
So learning my lesson from Part B. I’ve decided to go ahead and post my somewhat review of the box until I actually and finally get it. Which I will most definitely update you about when the time comes.
Well on with the show! I guess.
Owlcrate Unboxing | August ’17
The *goodies* of the box includes:
- High quality Edgar Allan Poe socks
- Exclusive Harry Potter inspired Dark Arts roast coffee
- A funky fountain pen. Some people received black ink and others received purple.
- An exclusive double-sided bookmark inspired by Six of Crows
- An exclusive vinyl sticker inspired by This Savage Song
- A gorgeous collectible monthly pin and postcard
- First Book: An exclusive edition of Sleepy Hollow and Other Stories by Washington Irving
- Second Book: The Hearts We Sold by @em_llojo! This is a moving story all about dangerous deals, demons, friendship and love. It combines multiple genres flawlessly and we absolutely loved it! It has an exclusive cover, as well as a signed bookplate and letter from the author, AND a really cool metal lapel pin (which will mean a lot once you read the book).
I WANT everything inside this box. Aside from the socks, not that I don’t like Edgar Allen Poe, I most definitely do, I want all of it. I tried really, really hard not to spoil this box for myself. I honestly wanted an authentic and genuine response from myself when I actually and physically opened the box. But unfortunately, I’m not so lucky. Everything looks incredibly exciting, especially the lapel pin thats meant to mean something after I read the book, if I ever will. At this point, who even knows. Honestly. Anyway, I will be updating this review when I receive this box.
Yes, yes, YES! I finallly got it! It took some time, but I finally managed to get my book box! I’m really annoyed that I didn’t get to be surprised by it’s contents, but oh well. I have to say it’s really exciting when you’re unboxing, it’s like a little gift to yourself. I loove the coffee, as a Slytherin, it made the perfect cup of joe. Both books were interesting. I finished reading them and I’ll be posting my review soon. The little heart pin actually made a lot of sense. I would’ve preferred a knitted heart, like in the story, but they tried. As for the socks, bookmark, sticker and pen…well…nope. That stuff is just useless to me. It seems very lazy. I could easily buy them from a store or make them myself. They could’ve tried harder. All in all, not the book box I was hoping for.
This August Crate Book Reviews:
To Enjoy My Past Bookbox Drama:
Updated Final Rating:
Anger…. So much Anger!
What do you think of this Owlcrate – Something Wicked This Way Comes – box? The books, and the goodies? Or do you have any recommendations for me to try? Lets chat, don’t worry, I don’t bite. ^^
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: @bookishowlette
SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE POSTS