Jude was seven years old when her parents were murdered and she and her two sisters were stolen away to live in the treacherous High Court of Faerie. Many of the fey despise humans. Especially Prince Cardan, the youngest and wickedest son of the High King.
“Of course I want to be like them. They’re beautiful as blades forged in some divine fire. They will live forever.
And Cardan is even more beautiful than the rest. I hate him more than all the others. I hate him so much that sometimes when I look at him, I can hardly breathe.”
Jude was seven years old when her parents were murdered and she and her two sisters were stolen away to live in the treacherous High Court of Faerie. Ten years later, Jude wants nothing more than to belong there, despite her mortality. But many of the fey despise humans. Especially Prince Cardan, the youngest and wickedest son of the High King.
To win a place at the Court, she must defy him–and face the consequences.
In doing so, she becomes embroiled in palace intrigues and deceptions, discovering her own capacity for bloodshed. But as civil war threatens to drown the Courts of Faerie in violence, Jude will need to risk her life in a dangerous alliance to save her sisters, and Faerie itself.
Ok. I love this. I don’t know why, but I do.
Usually when I see books being over hyped and basically everywhere. I just turn around and look for something else. However, something just drew me to this one. And I don’t regret it.
One major factor to me liking it is: AUDIOBOOK! It was so beautifully narrated that everything sounded exciting.
There are also so many amazing elements that comprise The Cruel Prince. To break it down:
- Jude: Ambitious, smart and hardworking. As is expected from most protagonists. However, she also has flaws. Jude is short tempered and jumps to action without thinking about the consequences. Through her words and thoughts, you can tell she is a teenager. Not pretending to be. You know what I mean. Sometimes authors try to make their characters be a certain age but fail miserably. Jude is a rare case where that does not happen.
- The Family: It. Is. So. Real. Usually family members are treated as unimportant and ‘barely-there’ characters. Holly, however, breathes life into them and gives each member of Jude’s family a unique voice and presence. The dynamic between each member of the household is there and very authentic. At times, I even forget that this is just a work of fiction and not a reality.
- Madoc: Even though he is an obvious villain in this story, we still love him. I honestly don’t get why, but we do.
- The Pace: You know how when a story has a laarge amount of events happening one after the other and you’re just left playing catch up. Or sometimes its the opposite and there is hardly anything going on. Well, Holly kind of did both. In a good way. Holly wasn’t worried if her book didn’t have enough action, nor was she worried that it was going too fast. Holly set out to tell a story. So she told one. Everything was perfectly balanced. She wasn’t worried about this event dragging for too long. She knew what she was doing. I’m pretty sure that if this book only had one event, I’d still love it.
- Cardan: I don’t get it. People keep saying that this is a beautiful love interest. So romantic…and blah. I don’t see it. That part, let me tell you, was false. But I liked it that way. We don’t need a sappy love interest in every book we read.
Honestly, I regret reading this so soon after it’s publication. Now I have to wait a whole year!!! Uggh!
I would also like to point out that I enjoyed The Cruel Prince as an audiobook! The first one I’ve ever listened to!! Narrated by Caitlin Kelly, who did an amazing job! Which is why… tan ta ra ra….it’s a GIVEAWAY!
>>>Click Here To Enter Giveaway<<<
And The Giveaway Is Over!! Congratulations!!
- Participants must be 18 or older to enter or have your parent enter for you.
- This Giveaway is Open Internationally.
- No purchase is necessary to be a participant.
- I reserve the right to end or extend a giveaway without advanced notice.
- I WILL disqualify any entry as I see fit.
- If you unfollow or undo any of the actions required in the giveaway during or after it ends, I reserve the right to disqualify you’re entry as well as in any future giveaways in this blog.
- Winners will receive The Cruel Prince as an audiobook.
- Winners will get this as long as it’s their first “Send this Book” book.
- If it is not their first, another winner will be picked.
- Winners will be selected randomly using rafflecopter or any other method I choose.
- Winners will be contacted by email.
- Winners must respond within 48 hours to claim the prizes and provide a shipping address. I or the author/publisher–depending on who the sponsor is, will then mail/email the prizes.
- I’m not responsible for lost or damaged prizes.
What did you think of this book, have you read anything similar to it? Or do you have any recommendations for me to try? Lets chat, don’t worry, I don’t bite. ^^
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: @bookishowlette
SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE POSTS