Marjorie Glatt feels like a ghost. A practical thirteen year old in charge of the family laundry business, her daily routine features unforgiving customers and more. Thank you Diamond Book Distributors and Lion Forge for providing with an ARC of this graphic novel that was published on 28 Aug 2018!
Manga Monday is a weekly meme hosted here by Bookish Owlette. To Know more, click here.
Don’t forget to LINK UP Below so we all can check it out!
Volume: Book One
Genre: Middle Grade
Author: Brenna Thummler
• Add to Goodreads •
Marjorie Glatt feels like a ghost. A practical thirteen year old in charge of the family laundry business, her daily routine features unforgiving customers, unbearable P.E. classes, and the fastidious Mr. Saubertuck who is committed to destroying everything she’s worked for.
Wendell is a ghost. A boy who lost his life much too young, his daily routine features ineffective death therapy, a sheet-dependent identity, and a dangerous need to seek purpose in the forbidden human world.
When their worlds collide, Marjorie is confronted by unexplainable disasters as Wendell transforms Glatt’s Laundry into his midnight playground, appearing as a mere sheet during the day. While Wendell attempts to create a new afterlife for himself, he unknowingly sabotages the life that Marjorie is struggling to maintain.
I hated this. Absolutely hated this. Usually I just gobble up graphic novels like they’re going to run away and I’ll never get the chance to see them again. But with this, I…just.. couldn’t.
I’m going to try my best to not rant about it. Cause I seriously won’t stop if I do. Therefore, I think the best option is to list my reasons why.
- I’m lost: Like I have no idea whats happening half the time. We keep coming in and out of memories, past shots and current thoughts. Like where are we exactly? Whats the timeline?
- Hate this art style. No offense to people who do, but I really dislike this form of art style. Its distracting and annoying. Personally, I need to be able to enjoy what I’m looking at in order to focus on the story. There’s just so much going on in each shot/panel that I get side tracked wondering how bad it could possibly get. -__-
- Boring! The dialogue and plot is bland. Everything is soo incredibly slow paced. You’re honestly left just uninterested in what was happening.
- Unclear: I can not stress this enough. What is even happening? I only understood the plot of the story towards the end.
- DNF: If I didn’t promise myself that I won’t be DNFing a book again. This novel would’ve never been fully read.
In conclusion, I was tricked by the cover. Which is reallly nice! I think this is the first book I’ve ever rated this low in my blog. Honestly, don’t waste your time.
To join, link up below with the URL to your blog POST (not your blog), your name and your email (which will remain hidden). Then bounce around the Linky!
One star is me being kind..
What did you think of this post, do you enjoy manga? Did you like this one? Or do you have recommendations? Lets chat, don’t worry, I don’t bite. ^^
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: @bookishowlette
SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE POSTS